I've been involved with several studies of EFT for traumatic events like childhood abuse and war trauma. EFT is very useful at reducing the emotional triggering characteristic of highly traumatic memories. You can read some of those studies on our EFT Research Pages.
The menu below will take you to a series of actual cases where EFT has been applied to Trauma and Abuse. They are written by experienced practitioners and clients and display the versatility of this process. Please note that some of these Trauma and Abuse cases are very severe and of long duration.
If you have suffered abuse, please don't read cases that might trigger strong emotions unless you are being counseled by a competent and licensed mental health professional trained in managing trauma. To get the most out of EFT, enroll for an EFT workshop, contact one of our certified practitioners, read the book EFT for PTSD, and start with the free EFT Mini-Manual.
You can also ask a question, connect with others, and post a comment by visiting our Trauma and PTSD Discussion Group.
Dawson Church, PhD
Best-selling Author of the Award-Winning Book The Genie in Your Genes.
Trauma, Abuse, & PTSD Case Histories
- 10-year Rape Trauma Healed With EFT
- EFT for a Domestic Worker in South Africa
- Overcoming Verbal Abuse From an Ex
- Date Rape and Trusting
- What would appear to be the main issue may not be so
- Ho'oponopono - A Child's Trauma Relates to Her Mother's Energy
- From Emotional Neglect to Unconditional Love
- Tapping Uncovers Childhood Sexual Abuse
- The Sniper - Using Matrix Reimprinting to Resolve an Early Memory
- Wounded Warrior – PTSD
- Sharing My Experiences Using EFT - Carol Look
- Healing the Emotional Scars of Trauma
- Sharing My Experiences with EFT – Eric Huurre, Producer
- EFT for PTSD from a Car Accident: “Chasing the Pain” and Movie and Story Techniques
- Audio Recording: Tapping for Trauma Teleseminar 12-20-2012