Eating Disorders: Finding the Emotional Roots
EFT can be incredibly effective in reducing eating disorders, as the benefits can produce both temporary and long-term successes. The calming process of tapping can curb the immediate desire to follow through with the disordered behavior, which is helpful but temporary. The long-term successes come with repeated and directed sessions of EFT, peeling away at and removing the underlying anger, fear, guilt, trauma, or anxiety that may cause the disorder. EFT is effective in reducing and collapsing these underlying issues, and when applied correctly, can curb the desire to enact the disorder. You can find many instances of this in the articles below.
Dawson Church, PhD
Best-selling Author of the Award-Winning Book The Genie in Your Genes.
Eating Disorders Case Histories
- Finding and Releasing Emotions that Contribute to Binge Eating
- Pack a Punch - be Absurd - Make Yourself Sick!
- EFT Successfully Collapses Childhood Beliefs about Food - Client Stops Overeating
- EFT, Overeating and the Need to Please
- Binge Eating Diminishes in 12 Sessions after Hundreds of Hours in Traditional Therapy Failed
- Dr. Carol Look's Compulsive Overeating and Weight Loss Protocol
- Finding and Releasing Emotions That Contribute to Binge Eating