The 16 Steps to Becoming a Certified EFT Practitioner
I am so grateful you're considering becoming a certified EFT practitioner! After many years of using EFT, I became certified in 2008 and never looked back. That's because I learned so much more about EFT during the certification process than I ever knew existed. There are 48 techniques in Clinical EFT, the research-based method, and you'll learn them all in this comprehensive training.
Certification is a systematic process, and you take it step by step. EFT Universe makes it easy, and guides you through the process. As you practice, you'll see the techniques working. You'll gain confidence, and learn how to deal with even difficult clients and conditions.
What's beyond price is the moments you witness clients experiencing radical change. Often they've tried many other therapy and coaching methods without success. They may even have tried "EFT lite," of which there are many flavors available online and virtually. But when they experience the power of Clinical EFT, it's often the fulcrum for lifetime change.
So I celebrate you learning this wonderful tool, and joining the magificent community of healers who call themselves Certified EFT Practitioners. ~ Dawson
1. Enroll in and complete a 4 or 5 Day Professional Workshop.
2. After you have taken the 4 or 5 Day Professional Workshop, pay your non-refundable application fee and save your invoice number to complete your application by clicking here.
3. Engage with a Mentoring Consultant after you have completed the application forms.
The process of mentorship is designed to support your professional growth, and assist you in becoming a proficient practitioner. Your mentor will work with you personally to develop your skills.
4. Practice your EFT skills for 50 sessions. Fill out the Session Notes form below for 47 of these (you'll use a different form for the last 3). You can complete this and the remaining requirements in any order.
Your mentor will have you complete a small number of sessions (typically 10) and give you feedback before you proceed to the next batch of sessions. Multiple sessions with the same client count toward the total of 50 (e.g., 30 single session clients + 10 two-session clients (10x2=20) = 50 sessions).
|Downloadable EFT Session Notes PDF Form|
|Editable Online EFT Session Notes PDF Form|
5. Complete a 2 Day Practice Intensive workshop.
You can do this any time after you've submitted your first batch of cases to your Mentoring Consultant.
6. Write up detailed case histories for the remaining 3 client interactions using these Case Study guidelines and submit them to your Mentoring Consultant.
7. Take and pass the EFT exam.
The exam tests your knowledge of what you learned in the Professional workshop and the Required Readings. Have the workshop workbook, as well as the Required Reading books, in front of you when you take the test. It is open-book, so you can find the answers to the questions if you don't remember them at first. There is plenty of time and you can re-take the test if necessary.
When you purchase the exam, you will be prompted to create a site login if you have not already done so. Create a login here: www.eftuniverse.com/create-an-account.
You only need one login account for the entire site. Please do not create a second login if you already have one, because your exam results cannot then be matched with your account.
8. Spend 15 hours working on your own personal issues.
Keep a journal of your progress. You can use EFT plus another modality, such as cognitive therapy or mindfulness. Working with a coach or therapist is preferred. The specifics of this requirement are determined by your mentoring consultant, so please discuss them in advance. Your Mentoring Consultant usually has you complete an initial batch of hours, then reviews your progress, followed by a second batch, and so on.
9. Complete the Ethics Course. It is based on the two books below. The principles you will learn are the foundation of becoming an ethically aware practitioner.
10. Take and pass the Ethics exam. We recommend you take the EFT exam (Step 7) and Ethics exam on different days.
11. At this point, your Mentoring Consultant may recommend to EFT Universe that you be accepted as a Certified Practitioner.
After you have been recommended by your mentor, follow the next 2 steps listed below.
12. Obtain liability insurance.
Click here for a list of companies offering insurance to energy healing practitioners. Be sure to read all of the information on this page from the top to the bottom.
US candidates must list EFT Universe as an "additional insured."
Australian and Canadian Candidates must list EFT Universe as an "Interested 3rd Party."
13. Sign the EFT Universe EFT Practitioner Certification Agreement.
After EFT Universe has reviewed the Practitioner Agreement and the Insurance Coverage Letter listing EFT Universe as an additional insured, you will receive an e-mail from the Certification Facilitator for the final steps below.
14. Pay your certification completion fee.
A link to pay your final fee will be provided by the EFT Universe Certification Facilitator once the above steps have been completed.
15. Receive your paper EFT Practitioner certificate.
This is sent to you by postal mail once you have paid your final fees, all required documents have been approved by EFT Universe and the Certification Facilitator has assigned a certificate number and approved your certification.
16. Post a description of your services on EFT Universe and the Tapping Place.
Once you have completed all the requirements for becoming a practitioner, the EFT Universe tech team will email you a "Please Read: Welcome to EFT Universe" email with instructions for updating your EFT Universe Practitioner Profile page in the EFT practitioner directory and information on when you can expect your paper certificate. You will log in to EFT Universe and follow the instructions provided and upload your information to the EFT Universe certified EFT practitioner directory listing.
You are now also eligible to offer paid client sessions through the Tapping Place web site. Post your information there as well.
Certification Time Frame
Typical time frames for completing Certified EFT Practitioner requirements range from 1 year to 18 months. Those candidates whose certification process stretches beyond 2 years may be required to complete additional requirements such as repeat workshops or exams (as outlined by their mentor and EFT Universe) in order to refresh their knowledge.
Costs of Becoming an EFT Practitioner
EFT Universe invests a great deal of time, expertise, and money into the EFT practitioner certification program in order to maintain a high standard of excellence. The costs of certification are kept as low as possible, consistent with the need to finance an excellent program.
These costs are as follows:
1. Submit Application Fee: $300.
This is a non-refundable fee. You can fill out the application form and make your payment here.
2. Complete a 4-5 Professional Workshop and a 2-day Practice Intensive Workshop.
The EFT Workshops cost between $395 and $795; you can see the costs and schedule here.
This Practitioner Exam and the Ethics Exam are administered by EFT Universe and cost $99 each.
4. Complete 15 hours of Your Personal Psychological and Spiritual Growth Work with EFT.
The specifics of this requirement are determined by your mentoring consultant, so please discuss them in advance.
5. Have Your Cases Reviewed by Your Mentoring Consultant.
The current rate for mentoring consultants is $700. These fees are paid directly to your mentoring consultant. If you require additional services from your mentor, they will bill these to you at their hourly rate.
6. Purchase the Books for Required Reading, about $150.
7. Register as a Certified EFT Practitioner: $415.
Click here to make your final payment.
The total of the above costs is $3,500 - $4,000.
Once you're certified and your EFT practitioner profile is placed on the EFT Universe website, which receives over a million page views a year, you are likely to receive an ongoing stream of referrals.
If you write articles for EFTUniverse.com and they are featured in the EFT Peak Insights weekly newsletter, you become more visible and you will find more clients coming to you through the EFT Universe website or to your own professional website through your EFT Universe practitioner profile page. The newsletter goes out to over 100K subscribers each week.
EFT Universe also has a popular Facebook Page where EFT articles by EFT practitioners are shared with the public.
Please note that prices, shown on this website are subject to change without notice. While every effort is made to keep prices accurate and up-to-date, prices shown on this website for EFT Certification are subject to change at any time without notice at the discretion of EFT Universe.