Topics Covered in Clinical EFT Professional Training
When you train in Clinical EFT, you'll take a series of live classes supplemented with online learning. These have been structured to promote deep learning while developing practical proficiency. They lead to certification in Clinical EFT. Over 100 clinical trials have validated these techniques. Clinical EFT is evidence-based, and is accredited for Continuing Medical Education (CME/CE) for doctors (American Medical Association), psychologists (American Psychological Association), nurses, social workers, and other professions.
The first step in training is to take a free online course called The EFT Seminar. The EFT Seminar will familiarize you with all the core concepts of Clincal EFT. At the end, you'll take a knowledge quiz, and recieve a certificate. That way, from the first hour you step into the classroom for the live training, you'll have a grasp of all the basic techniques. This frees up classroom time for practice, in the form of expert demonstrations, exercises, and discussion of what you've learned.
There are no prerequisites for taking the free EFT Seminar and completing the course does not result in any obligation to pursue certification or training. The EFT Seminar is an excellent introduction to the fundamentals of EFT whether or not you plan to go further.
The next step in professional certification in EFT is attendance at a live 4 day Professional Skills Training workshop. It contains 16 learning modules. As well as step-by-step review of all 48 Clinical EFT techniques, the classes include over 6 hours of practice to increase your skill and confidence.
The modular nature of the training, with each module building on the skills learned in the previous module, backed up by practice time, has been shown to result in a thorough understanding of how to use EFT effectively.
Completion of The EFT Seminar is a prerequisite for the professional workshop. You'll print the certificate you receive after completing the knowledge quiz and bring it to the live class to show that you've completed this requirement. After the workshop, you'll begin submitting case history reports to a mentor, and receiving feedback to develop your skills.
After getting your mentor's feedback on your first batch of cases, you'll take a 2-day EFT Practice Intensive. Here you will demonstrate your skills under the mentorship of an expert trainer. The 4 day Professional Skills Training is a prerequisite for the Practice Intensive. You will then have met the classroom training requirements for EFT Certification.
Speciality workshops that apply EFT to topics like psychological trauma and weight loss are also offered regularly.
Below you can see the topics covered in each module of Clinical EFT training. EFT workshops are offered in many locations and the workshop schedule including dates and locations is updated regularly. If you'd like to schedule an EFT professional training for your organization, we can arrange one provided you have a minimum registration of 20 people.
"The work you are doing to standardize EFT and to get it the professional respect it deserves is so appreciated!"
-Karen Brodie, Certified EFT Practitioner
Professional Skills Training 4 Day Course Curriculum (16 modules)
- History and Development of EFT
- Stress: How it Affects the Body
- Building Bridges from Existing Beliefs to EFT
- The Physiological Mechanisms Underlying Rapid Healing
- The Science Behind EFT
- The Discovery Statement
- EFTs Full Basic Recipe
- SUD or Subjective Units of Distress
- Taking Shortcuts: Short Form of The Basic Recipe
- Making Adjustments in Subsequent Rounds of EFT
- Why EFT Doesn't Focus on the Positive First
- Measuring Progress
- Daisy Chains of Issues
- The Importance of Being Specific
- Psychological Reversal & Secondary Gain
- Cognitive Shifts & Exposure
- Testing for Completeness
- How Traumatic Events Imprint on the Brain
- The Generalization Effect
- Handling Excessive Intensity
- Disproportionate Responses to Emotional Stimuli
- Finding the Words to Use
- Cognitive Belief Shifts
- The Role of Insight in Personal Growth
- Characteristics of Traumatizing Events
- How Trauma is Reinforced in the Brain
- EFT for Traumatic Memories
- Taking the Edge Off Excessive Intensity
- The Movie Technique
- Emotional Crescendos Within Remembered Events
- EFT for Aches and Pains
- Working with Physical Symptoms
- Collaborating with a Physician or Mental Health Professional
- What To Do When Self-Acceptance Is the Problem
- What To Do When EFT Doesn't Work
- EFT for Addictive Cravings
- Aspects of Addictions
- Borrowing Benefits
- The Personal Peace Procedure
"I had been tapping with online videos for many years and thought I knew EFT. What a shocker to take an EFT Universe workshop and discover how much more there is to the technique. I was only scratching the surface of EFTs power before this workshop. And the scientific basis of it all became very clear to me and helped me understand what's happening in my body during EFT sessions. Thank you EFT Universe for providing these excellent clinical trainings."
-Kerry Sheridan, RN
- Participant Objectives for Level 2
- Review of Foundational Concepts
- Introduction to the Gentle Techniques for Intense Issues
- Tearless Trauma
- Chasing the Pain
- Sneaking Up on the Problem
- Sneaking Away from the Problem
- Your Palace of Possibilities
- Internalized Critics
- The Writings on Our Walls
- Clearing Limiting Beliefs
- Tables and Legs
- Questions for Uncovering Core Issues
- Testing with Questions and In Vivo Re-enacting
- Core Issues and Physical Symptoms
- Methods for Delivering EFT
- Working over the Telephone or Skype
- Tail Enders and Affirmations
- Assessing Beliefs with the Validity of Cognition Scale
- How To Uncover Tappable Issues in Tail Enders
- EFT in Groups
- Giving Borrowing Benefits Instructions to a Group
- Additional Tapping Points
- Psychological Trauma
- Using EFT with Children
- Age-appropriate Techniques
- Surrogate Tapping
- Scope of Practice
- Informed Consent
- The EFT Ethics Code